Re: Kerberos build failures in HEAD

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:41:53 +1200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2009, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> s?n 2009-09-13 klockan 21:30 +0200 skrev Henrik Nordstrom:
>>> seems to build fine for me on CentOS 5.2.. but maybe something in the
>>> test builds are triggering it..
>>>
>>> A full test is running..
>>
>> Found.. it fails when used in combination with --enable-ssl. This due to
>> OpenSSL (or actually krb5.h I think, included by openssl) ending up
>> including com_err.h without the extern "C" wrapper, or if you prefer due
>> to the com_err.h include not shielding itself from C++ parsing...
>>
>> Proposed fix: Have src/ssl_support.h include et/com_err.h in an extern
>> "C" wrapping before OpenSSL includes...
>
> Have been bitten by this as well. The proposed fix sounds good to me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex.

Okay, and in light that it's a nasty hack around some brokenness. I
suggest the include should go in the compat library.

compat/compat_shared.h is the file for non-OS-specific bits.
Simply wrapping an include of com_err.h inside there with a
documentation note quoting Henriks analysis above. Should fix it for all
the main Squid code and some helpers.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13