Re: R: Squid-smp : Please discuss

From: Matt W. Benjamin <matt_at_linuxbox.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:47:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I'm quite sure that you're going to do what you always do, but my belief is, it's fruitless to look to external libraries and (especially) more complex language infrastructure as a substitute for the old-fashioned work of working through the code, subsystem by subsystem, to establish MP safety.

The result of this sort of approach, as I think the result has been from the transition to C++ as a whole, to could very likely be to:

a. increase the size of
b. potentially, -reduce- the profiled performance of
c. and I think very likely, reduce the overall value of

the codebase as a whole.

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin