wiki, bugzilla, feature requests

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_robertcollins.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:17:06 +1000

AIUI we use the wiki [over and above being a source of docs] to /design
features/ and manage [the little] scheduling that we, as volunteers can
do.

I think thats great.

However, we also have many bugs that are not strictly-current-defects.
They are wishlist items.

What should we do here?

I've spent quite some time using wikis for trying to manage such things,
I think its a lost cause. Use them for design and notes and so forth,
but not for managing metadata.

I suggest that when there is a bug for a feature that is being designed
in the wiki, just link to bugzilla from that wiki page.

And for management of dependencies and todos, assignees and so forth, we
should do it in bugzilla, which is *designed* for that.

-Rob