Re: [squid-users] Squid ftp authentication popup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:25:35 +0200

ons 2009-10-07 klockan 10:06 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Firefox-3.x wil happyily popup the ftp:// auth dialog if the proxy-auth
> header is sent.
> There were a few bugs which got fixed in the 3.1 re-writes and made squid
> start to send it properly. It's broken in 3.0, not sure if its the same in
> 2.x but would assume so. The fixes done rely on C++ objects so wont be easy
> to port.

In what ways is 3.0 broken?

The visible changes I see is that 3.1 only prompts if required by the
FTP server, and that the realm for some reason is changed to also
include the requested server name. 401 basic auth realms are implicit
unique to each servername. (digest auth is a little fuzzier as it may
apply to more domains/servers)