Re: Recent Facebook Issues

From: Peter Dey <squid_at_realmtech.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:56:05 +1100

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 12:56:59PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> going through the login redirects to the page also presented at (3) above.
>
> The home page is the real problem. When cookies are presented it ships
> without Content-Length (fine).
> When they _are_ present, ie after the user has logged in it ships with

I'd be interested to know what the symptoms you're experiencing are.

I'm getting the following (tested in Debian's Squid 2.6.5-6etch4 and Squid
3.0.STABLE19-1) with Firefox 3.5 and IE7:

* Login page shows. Login works fine.
* Redirects to home page (i presume that's your (3) above)

About 50% of the time, this home page will be blank. Shift-reload in Firefox
doesn't seem to fix it (shift-reloading 8-10 times seems to eventually display
the content).

The problem's not restricted to the home page -- other pages, e.g. profile
pages also get the "blank page" issue.

I've tried the "chunked decoding" hack described here:
    http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/chunked-decoding/
without any luck.

I've also attempted some of the other suggestions e.g. disabling persistent
connections (both client and proxy) with no luck.

Strangely, the problem only started occurring maybe around 2 months ago (when I
was running a squid 2.x variant).

Cheers,
Peter