Re: [hybi] WebSockets negotiation over HTTP

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:52:01 +0200

Ian Hickson wrote:

> Loos like there was some update issue. Try now:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol#section-5.1
>
> You can always find the most up-to-date text on the WHATWG site, if the
> IETF update process fails (or when there's an IETF meeting in progress,
> since apparently we're not allowed to make progress during IETF meetings):
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete.html#websocket-protocol

Actually, posting is suspended in the two weeks *before* the meeting,
not during the meeting.

And yes, you can make as much progress as you want (by updating your own
copy), but the idea is that people *attending* the meeting should be
able to rely on a stable snapshot for preparation. (BOF and WG
attendants are supposed to have read the relevant drafts).

So, if there a re pending changes relevant to the BOF, you should submit
them before Tuesday.

BR, Julian