Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r10096: Bug 2778: fix linking issues using SunCC

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:37:41 +0100

ons 2009-11-11 klockan 10:38 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Worth a query to squid-users. Any OS which is so old it does not support
> the auto-tools and libraries we now need is a candidate. I'm thinking
> NextStep may be one more.
> Though I'm inclined to keep as much support as possible until we have
> solid evidence the OS is not able to ever be build Squid.

There probably is one or two that may try running Squid on something
that once upon a time was Solaris 1.x (known as SunOS 4.x before the
name switch to Solaris for everything). But in general terms that OS is
pretty much distinct these days. Been declared end-of-life for more than
a decade now, with last release in 1994.

autotools has never been part of SunOS for that matter, always an addon.
And someone patient enough can get up to date autotools + gcc + whatever
ontop of SunOS 4.x and build Squid. Question is will anyone really do
that?