Re: squid-smp: synchronization issue & solutions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:38:57 +0100

ons 2009-11-25 klockan 00:55 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> I kind of mean that by the "smaller units". I'm thinking primarily here
> of the internal DNS. It's API is very isolated from the work.

And also a good example of where the CPU usage is negligible.

And no, it's not really that isolated. It's allocating data for the
response which is then handed to the caller, and modified in other parts
of the code via ipcache..

But yes, it's a good example of where one can try scheduling the
processing on a separate thread to experiment with such model.