Re: Squid-3 and HTTP/1.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:09:33 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> lör 2009-09-12 klockan 23:36 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>> Updating the checklist today I again wonder if we can repeat the step
>> from 2.7 and enable HTTP/1.1 on requests sent to servers
>
> The default in 2.7 is 1.0 still. There is an option to enable 1.1, or
> actually three.. (http11 cache_peer option, server_http11 directive and
> http11 http(s)_port option)
>
>> As far as I can see the missing bits 3.2 needs to take that step are:
>>
>> - reject http-Upgrade requests from clients.
>> - reject Expect-100 requests from clients.
>
> Unfortunately there is several clients which will fail if you do that...
> sending Expect: 100-continue, but not expecting it to be rejected with
> 417 Expectation Failed...
>
> is why there is an ignore_expect_100 directive in 2.7.. default off but
> many of the setups using 2.7 as normal proxy have had to enable this..

Thanks to the experimentation trying to fix bug 2176 I think I see a
clean way to create expect-100 handling in Squid-3.

If someone with more store experience can point out to me how to reset
the StoreEntry properly after receiving and passing on a reply we can
accept and process the 100 reply and then reset it for the actual data
reply. Turning sockets used for *100 into a temporary persistent
connection with two pipelined replies regardless of the overall
persistence needs.

... branch created to experiment with.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15