WCCPv1 still broken in squid-3.1

From: Graham Keeling <graham_at_equiinet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:58:56 +0000

Hello,

I started a thread over here with the initial problems that I had with
squid-3.1.0.15:
http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg69906.html

That thread ends with me setting the router port in src/wccp.cc and I say
that WCCPv1 was working for me.

Well, I was mistaken, as it still didn't work (it turned out that I hadn't
actually stopped a previously running squid-3.0 process).

However, I have another patch that really *does* make it work for me (in
addition to the original port patch).

It seemed to me that wccpAssignBuckets() never gets called, and that this
was because wccpLowestIP() never returned non-zero.
And this in turn seemed to be because the ip_addr and local_ip variables in
wccpLowestIP() were being compared, but 'IpAddress local_ip' was getting
initialised from a 'struct addrinfo *';

local_ip = *local;

I changed it to the following, and suddenly my WCCPv1 browsing works:

local_ip.InitAddrInfo(local);

I don't know whether this is the 'correct' thing to do or not, as I don't
understand squid's 'class IpAddress'. Perhaps there needs to be an equivalent
FreeAddrInfo somewhere to stop it eating memory.

But I do know that I can now use WCCPv1, whereas before it didn't work at all.

Patch attached.