Re: [MERGE] acl support for range_offset_limit

From: Matthew Morgan <lytithwyn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:33:22 -0500

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:39:18 -0500, Matthew Morgan
> <atcs.matthew_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here is the patch to add acl support to range_offset_limit. It is being
>>

>> parsed using the same data types as reply_body_max_size, which means the
>>

>> limit value gets run through parseBytesLine64, and the acl is optional.
>>

>> If people are using the old global style of range_offset_limit, they
>> shouldn't have to do anything to their configs.
>>
>> As per Amos' request, getRangeOffsetLimit is now a member of
>> HttpRequest, and it caches it's value the same way reply_body_max_size
>> does.
>>
>> Sorry it has taken me so long! Thanks for being patient.
>>

> Thank you. Looks good now.

Thank *you* for giving me a chance to help out even though I don't have
much experience!
> There are just some doc and polish bits, but I can do that during merge...
>
> * typedefs.h and cf.data.depend changes appear to be unused now and can
> be dropped.
>
> * use of "none" in cf.data.pre documentation instead of -1 to indicate
> the limit is removed and always download entire object.

I may be misunderstanding you here, but not specifying
range_offset_limit makes it default to 0, which only downloads what the
client asks for no matter what. -1 makes it download the whole object
regardless of the range asked for by the client.