Re: R: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r10281: Author: Serassio Guido <serassio@squid-cache.org>

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:30:57 +1300

Guido Serassio wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Please note two things about this helper:
>
> - The code cannot be compiled as C++, it must be heavy adapted in the
> COM+ interface code.
> - The code can be compiled only using MS Visual Studio, but Squid 3.1
> cannot be compiled with it, so this is the main reason because before I
> have never commited it to trunk.
>
> Regards

Oh. Okay.

I saw the note about it being MSVS only. Overlooked the C++ issue
though. That said, the C++ conversion of helpers is more to get them
linking against libcompat, for portability with *nix and *BSD. Kind of
irrelevant for something with such hard MSVS requirements.

A little hack-adaptation of the includes and we can stay away from all
the C++ bits easily.

Or have I misunderstood how globally the MSVS project is making the
compiler mode? I thought you said the file .c / .cc was triggering the
compiler for each file?

The only question is; can it / should it be adapted to build either way
for one or both of the windows build systems?

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16