Re: SMP: process-specific options

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:36:37 +1300

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 02/21/2010 04:26 PM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> sön 2010-02-21 klockan 15:14 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:
>>
>>> Please note that the CPU affinity hack where every process gets its own
>>> core would not work if ${process_name} is not a number, but we can come
>>> up with another hack to support that without enumerating all
>>> processes/cores.
>> From what I can tell that is about the only case where a number is
>> really needed. But some simple conditionals and pattern rules can solve
>> that.
>
> Agreed.

Is there any kind of kernel core labeling? that would be nicer to link
into than a blind core=N if it exists.
/just a thought.

>> Another case would be multiple processes each listening on a port of
>> it's own..
>>
>> 8000
>> 8001
>> 8002
>> 8003
>> etc..
>
> Yeah. Supporting this would also require adding support for integer math
> though.
>

> How about adding support for both ${process_name} and ${process_number}?
>
> process_name: squid1, squid2, ... squidN, cache1, cache2, ... values;
> process_number: 1, 2, ... N, N+1, N+2, ... values.

+1. yes that gets around the possible macro confusions. Or if thats
going to take too much time to do both, just the name one accepting
labels would be great.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16