Re: Fwd: saving delay pool levels

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:43:42 +1300

Leo Trubach wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm using squid in a small internet club, and i'm given 20Gb of
> traffic for a month. So, i divided 20Gb by (30.4*24*60*60) and
> obtained 8 KB/s. I decided to make class 2 delay pool which is
> restored at 8KB/s and maximum size of it equals to infinity. The
> problem is that is server is powered off delay pool levels are reset.
> So i'd like to implement saving of delay pool levels.
>
> Thank you

There were some plans drawn up to do Quota control. But so far nobody
has had time to implement them properly.
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Quota

The final background upgrades needed are now close to completion in 3.2
so a quota helper should now be easy to implement with a little design
work. Then a live quota maintenance pool type for active client requests
needs to be created for Squid.

How did you see this being created;
  * Sponsorship of an existing developer?
  * Sponsorship of a third-party developer?
  * Implementation yourself?

Please be using