Re: request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:36:38 +1200

Sandeep Kuttal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a PhD student working on research for that I need to cache the POST
> messages and I know no proxy server allows to cache that. I want to work
> directly on it I can modify the squid code some how and let it cache POST
> messages just for my research since according to RFC the cache servers
> won't allow to cache POST messages.
> Kindly subscribe me to your development list.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandeep

Greetings Sandeep,

  Firstly welcome. It is always good to see someone new interested in Squid.

I have some questions about your intended research;

  What results you do see as being gained from this?

  Have you read up on the reasons why the RFCs says POST cannot be
cached in shared proxies such as Squid? (the emphasis being on *shared*)

  Which part(s) of the POST->reply sequence do you see as being of any
use caching?

Please be using