Re: request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:03:03 +1200

Sandeep Kuttal wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> I am really sorry for my english since the sentence seemed ambiguous thats why you interpreted it wrong. I am not optimizing the site. I just wanted to save the contents of POST message and some GET messages.

Now I am really confused what you were talking about. I was asking what
your overall research aim was. You said PhD study, but we have no idea
the field yet.

> I choose to use a proxy server (squid) so that the software we are
going to develop is browser independent. But when I used squid I could
retrieve the contents of the GET message from it but not POST. So I
started looking for ways. I started with looking at squid archives and
downloaded squid 3.1.1 stable for getting the feel of the code. Squid
compiled and worked fine. Since some people suggested for ICAP/e-cap I
downloaded e-cap and then again squid 3.1.1 stable whole setup is
working fine with a problem that I cant see store.log. How to fix this
problem.

The cache_store_log option is still available in 3.1, its just been
turned to off by default. Add it back as before and things will be logged.

The eCAP adapter you are now trying has nothing to do with the store log
though. All body data passes through it and can be saved/retrieved from
a location of your choosing instead of in Squids' cache.

> Other is the same big problem how to start for capturing POST messages. I just want the contents inside the POST message to be saved. Kindly guide me how can I achieve this target.

I'm not clued up on the internal eCAP workings myself yet. Maybe Alex or
Christos can point you at a better informatino source. I expect the eCAP
documentation to be the place to look.

Amos

--
Please be using