Re: HTTP/1.1 to clients in 3.1.2?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 14:31:55 +1200

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> I saw that the change to announce HTTP/1.1 to clients has sneaked in in
> 3.1.2. Is this really intentional? Can't remember seeing any discussion
> about this.

I thought the discussion was about both. It just took me too long to
test and get this bit into 3.1.1 with the server-facing change.

> I know we discussed announcing HTTP/1.1 towards servers, but imho we are
> not yet ready for announcing HTTP/1.1 towards clients.
>
> - Not yet fully capable of processing chunked requests

In particular do you mean requests? as in chunked POST/PUT bodies.
or responses to a request accepting chunks?

> - Expect handling not in place

You were the one who convinced me it was sufficient!

At least, after porting the 2.7 remainders, which was done in 3.1.1.

Please be using