Authentication based on ip address

From: Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:58:22 +0100

Hi all,

I'm interested in being able to authenticate to different LDAP servers
or to only allow transparent authentication from some IP addresses.

I've had a brief look at the wiki[1] but it doesn't seem to work
correctly with NTLM authentication.

My current feeling is that I will need to send the IP address to the
helpers. This would mean putting the IP address into the
AuthUserRequest and then adding a configuration option to the send the
address.

I would be happy to hear from anyone that has any advice as to whether
this is a sensible solution to my problem, or if this change would be
likely to make a future version of squid.

Cheers,
Mick

P.S. Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list.

[1]
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/MultipleSources

--
Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>