autoconf-refactor and netfilter-based transparent proxy

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:42:51 -0600

Hello,

    It looks like configure.in in trunk lost the code setting
LINUX_NETFILTER. There are comments promising it will happen later in
the code, but I do not see it happening. I am worried that this will
break support for basic netfilter-based interception proxies (those
working without libcap or TPROXY).

I may be wrong, but the changes may have been introduced by
autoconf-refactor:

> revno: 10425
> committer: Francesco Chemolli <kinkie_at_squid-cache.org>
> branch nick: trunk
> timestamp: Sun 2010-04-25 23:40:51 +0200
> message:
> Interim merge from autoconf-refactor feature-branch.

Kinkie, could you please check that netfilter-based interception proxies
are still supported?

It would also be nice to get rid of libcap and TPROXY warnings when the
user wants just netfilter-based interception proxy support and is
willing to --disable the rest. In Squid v3.1, we now get these
irrelevant (for the said configuration) warnings:

configure: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or libcap2) for
TPROXY
configure: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
configure: WARNING: Reduced support to Interception Proxy

Thank you,

Alex.