Re: [MERGE] [3.1] Clean up commReset use in combination with tproxy or tcp_outgoing_address

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:14:46 +1200

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> This patch backs out part of the patch for Bug #2222 and replaces it by
> crudely cycling over the available addresses, trying to skip over
> addresses not compatible with the current socket.
>
> This solves issues seen when using tproxy or tcp_outgoing_address and
> DNS of the requested host returns AAAA records in addition to A records.
>
> This change is interim, waiting for the larger connection setup
> overhaul. But seems to do the trick at least for me in tproxy & ipv4
> setups. Unfortunately I do not have an IPv6 connection at the moment to
> test IPv6 on, but I don't see how it could break IPv6.
>
> One effect of this change is that there will be no fallback to the other
> IP generation if the socket is configured to a specific outgoing
> address. Priorly the code threw away the outgoing address and tried
> again when encountering an incompatibility.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Oops. Mailed that last too soon. This seems to solve bug 2753 by
breaking bug 2222 again in a new way.

The v6 worry was that it might have broken v4/v6 gateways. see Bug 2222
comment #3. This no longer seems to be the case for
non-tcp_outgoing_address configurations.

mixed v4/v6 usage with tcp_outgoing_address produces a constant "(107)
transport endpoint not connected" for all IPv6-enabled websites (dual as
well as v6-only).

Bug 2222 re-opened breakage fits the case matrix:
   v4->v4 working.
   v4->v6 broken.
   v6->* broken.

Please be using