Re: [MERGE] [3.1] Clean up commReset use in combination with tproxy or tcp_outgoing_address

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:18:28 +0200

fre 2010-05-14 klockan 11:23 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> It does not mark IPv6 'BAD' in the case where the link is down or boudn
> wrong. This is fine since the failover works, but we may want to look
> into it later.

Not 100% sure what you try to say here

The following is intentional however:

The socket being incompatible with the requested address is not grounds
for marking the address as such bad. If we did then tcp_outgoing_address
to one protocol would mark addresses of another protocol implicit as
bad, which causes problems if requests for the same host can also be
forwarded with another tcp_outgoing_address setting, or if requests are
being forwarded both using tproxy and normal proxied.

But if IPv6 connectivity is unavailable then any tried IPv6 addresses
should be marked as bad if tried on an IPv6-capable socket. If this does
not happen then this needs to be investigated.