Re: [MERGE] [3.1] Fall back on IPv4 if IPv6 is not present

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:15:14 +0200

fre 2010-05-14 klockan 18:11 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> I can't seem to get tcp_outgoing_address to failover cleanly or mark the
> v6 address bad with this one when there is no v6 link on the box.

If you have no IPv6 stack at all then it will query for AAAA records,
but silently skip them.

> It seems to run commReconnect twice with the protocol error, then the
> ERR_SOCKET_FAILURE page comes up. cache.log attached.
>
> The non tcp_outgoing_address cases work okay.

Odd. Tested in various configuarions here.

With IPv6 stack but no IPv6 connectivity I get the V6 addresses marked
bad as expected.

With no IPv6 stack but compiled with IPv6 support the IPv6 addresses is
silently ignored.

But if I build with IPv6 headers but no IPv6 stack then cache.log gets
flooded with "comm_open: setsockopt(IPV6_V6ONLY) on FD 9: (22) Invalid
argument" errors. Not sure why it's trying to set IPV6_ONLY on an
IPv4-only socket..