Re: trunk ipv6 split-stack configure test issues

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:38:14 +0200

fre 2010-05-14 klockan 18:20 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> The problem is that the flag IPV6_V6ONLY is a standard define. It's
> present on all IPv6 systems. The only way to identify the stack
> operation, is to use it and see what error comes back.

Is there stacks having this define but not allowing the setting to be
changed? My understanding is that they all support the option just
differing in the default setting?

For general operation we should just settle for one model I think, but
perhaps provide the option for listening ports enabling the option of
having an IPv6 wildcard port which does not listen to IPv4.

> Systems with v6 disabled should not be passing the allocation of
> PF_INET6 sockets test earlier than the mapping test.

Wy? They can compile IPv6 code just fine, just not run it without also