Joining squid-dev List

From: <senad.cimic_at_thomsonreuters.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:36:27 -0500

Hi,

I'm following directions at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/mailing-lists.dyn in joining this
list... My main motivation is to submit a patch for the minor changes I
made to the squid source described below:

We're in the process of implementing squid 3.1.1 version for reverse
proxying. The issue we ran into is related to running a cluster of
Squids in sibling mode. Problem was that for stale (cached but expired)
resources Squids always go to the backend servers to verify freshness
instead of contacting their sibling Squids (this was the case for ICP,
HTCP, and cache digests).

Changes I made include adding new squid.conf directive (on|off option)
that makes this behavior configurable. By default, it will behave as it
is in current Squid version, but if turned on it will verify freshness
of stale resources with its siblings (ICP, HTCP, and cache digests)
prior to contacting backend servers.

I will work on re-formatting changed code to match Squid3 coding
standards and will afterwards follow the process to submit patch
request.

Thanks,
Senad