Re: [MERGE] [3.1] Clean up commReset use in combination with tproxy or tcp_outgoing_address

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 23:34:48 +0000

On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:42:00 +0200, Henrik Nordström
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> tis 2010-05-18 klockan 20:54 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>> These fixes are not really undoing the bug 222 fix are they? mroe
>> replacing it with a better fix AIUI.
>>
>> Can we close Bug 2222 again now?
>
> I suppose so.
>
> But need to fix DNS before I am happy.. currently the A lookup is
> heavily penalized. And if we get your connection setup change done then
> things should be in pretty neat shape.

I've discovered the VC connections in DNS will need a re-working to handle
the new TCP connection setup handling. I've left that for now since it
appears that you are working on redesigning that area anyway. The new setup
routines will play VERY nicely with persistent TCP links to the
nameservers.

I took some extra time last night and broke the back of the selection and
forwarding rewrite. I'm now down to the fine detail build errors. When
those are done I'll push the branch to LP for you to do the DNS fixes on
top of.

Amos