Re: [RFC] squid purge tool

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:46:22 +1200

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2010-05-18 klockan 23:42 +0000 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>
>> I have the impression the purge tool is probably worth bundling with Squid
>> alongside squidclient and cachemgr.cgi in the tools/ section.
>
> Before the license was incompatible. Haven't looked if the license
> changed at the end of the project.

The only lisence I can find associated with the code that would be
merged is this open-ended disclaimer:

// Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software
// and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
// provided that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission
// notice appear in all copies of the software and related documentation,
// and (ii) the names of the Lehrgebiet Rechnernetze und Verteilte
// Systeme and the University of Hannover may not be used in any
// advertising or publicity relating to the software without the
// specific, prior written permission of Lehrgebiet Rechnernetze und
// Verteilte Systeme and the University of Hannover.

Looks as compatibile as we can get.

>> Before I go ahead and try to find the tool developer what is the consensus
>> on bundling and maintaining it further ourselves?
>
> The purge tool was developed as part of the dfncache project I think.
>
> The current maintainer have not touched the code at all.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Please be using