Re: [MERGE] Split MemPool.cc into framework and allocators

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 22:36:23 +1200

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> lör 2010-05-29 klockan 15:06 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>
>> This is the bit intended for 3.2+ right?
>
> Should probably go back to earlier releases as well. Loss of mempool
> statistics is highly undesired.

Okay. Forget the shuffling in this commit then.

+1.

> In addition the small change in trunk is missing configure.in help text
> correction. Thought I did that but it was only the autoconf.h help text
> that got updated.
>
>> If so could it include the moving of memory files from include/* and
>> lib/* to into src/mem/libmem.la?
>> That would help clear away an important part of the SourceLayout TODO
>> list and several code dependencies.
>
> Why? This code is very well isolated and not dependent on anything else
> in Squid, escept for squid_curtime to avoid repeatedly calling
> gettimeofday().

That single squid_curtime dependency is exactly the remaining problem
with the non-squid binaries in AIX and Cygwin builds. Despite the
binaries that are breaking making no use of this memory code.

> Or are we pushing all sources down below src/ no matter what?

The ones which don't match the portability scope of libcompat are moving
to src/ yes. The shell definitions of xmalloc/xcalloc/xfree with safety
checks fall under portability, but the full pool allocator
implementation does not.

'tis only relevant for 3.2 now though.

Please be using