Re: CC configure (AC_CHECK_LIB macro) problem on Solaris

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:19:10 +0100

What is the recommended way of doing it as I am adding a module which
requires library checks and I don't know always what function is best to
check on ?

Thank you
Markus

"Kinkie" <gkinkie_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with
>
> CC=cc CXX=CC ./configure;
>
> because any check like AC_CHECK_LIB(malloc, main) fails. Is there a known
> workaround ?

Interesting..
Those kinds of checks ae being phased out of the configure.in script,
unless they are hidden by other macros. In general using main to test
for lib existence is IIRC not recommended by autoconf docs..
I find it fascinating that those bugs are not caught on OpenSolaris
(we have build-hosts running SunStudio cc)

--
    /kinkie