IPFIX (Netflow v10) logging mechanism

From: Mike K. <mkrygeri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:20:27 -0400

Hi all,
    I work for a network management and reporting company that
specializes in NetFlow collection and analysis. We have found that a
majority of commercial vendors of firewalls and upper OSI network gear
are now in the process of developing IPFIX logging mechanisms. I am a
big fan of SQUID and I would love to see it implemented here as well.
It seems to me that it would be good for the project if anyone was
interested in implementing IPFIX logging in squid. This is a
completely open standard that was derived from Cisco's Netflow v9. It
might even be fairly straightforward to add this on using LIBIPFIX.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libipfix .

My company is not in a position to develop IPFIX support in squid, but
we can be a resource to make sure that it is being implemented
properly. I guess I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone is
interested in this feature.

Thanks,
Mikek