Squid perl helper for eDirectory

From: Dzmitry Stremkouski <mitroko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:46:33 +0400

Hello there.
I've wrote small helper for squid to support eDirectory groups, which
are not supported by squid_ldap_group yet.
You can get it here -
http://mitroko.com/media/src/pl/squid_edirectory_group.tar.gz

I think it is more convenient to use dynamic groups than just ordinary
group, because for ordinary groups each time you delete some uid, you
have to recheck all your groups
for dead souls. For dynamic group, you just have to create a filter
that doesn't depend on users uids.

This code is free to use.

This code does the trick for centos-directory, fedora-directory,
redhat-directory, mandriva-directory etc.

How to use this code - see README file.
Squid-dev mail security doesn't allow me to write it here.

I'm not guru with perl and programming, so my code could be hard to
read and understand, you may rewrite it to optimize.

And there is some issue, I can not understand yet - each time I modify
examplerole attribute for users to move them among eGroups, i need to
reload squid.
If it possibble to avoid this issue, that would be great.

If you're interested with this code, I'm happy to answer all your questions.

Best regards.
Dzmitry Stremkouski.
cel: +7 (916) 090-85-68
web: http://mitroko.com