Namespace for SMP cache manager classes

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:04:04 -0600

Hello,

    We have a few classes that handle routing of cache manager requests
and aggregation of cache manager responses in SMP environment:

class CacheMgrFiller: public AsyncJob
class CacheMgrForwarder: public AsyncJob
class CacheMgrInquirer: public AsyncJob
class CacheMgrRequest
class CacheMgrResponse

Communication among classes is done via UDS so we initially put them in
the Ipc namespace. However, now it seems that they should belong to the
"cache manager" namespace instead because IPC is just a mechanism they
use to handle cache manager requests.

I think we should move them into new "Mgr" namespace that will be
reserved for cache manager-related things ("Cache" in "CacheMgr" seems
redundant). Any better ideas?

The existing cache manager code will eventually migrate to the new
namespace as well, of course.

Thank you,

Alex.
P.S. We will probably rename a few of the above mentioned classes when
moving them to the new namespace, but that is not important.