Compilation flags for QOS netfilter mark patch

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:41:00 +0100

I'm currently editing configure.in for my proposed QOS mark patch. From
a previous list message Amos suggested the following:

>> --enable/disable-linux-netfilter will also be involved in the logics.
If set to "no" then it override disables this netfilter feature. <<

I started to implement this, but it doesn't make much sense and could
cause confusion. The 2 are independent (the mark patch does not depend
on the netfilter_ipv4 header). Therefore, I think it would be more
appropriate to rename this option to --enable-nf-transparent in line
with the other transparent options (enable-ipfw-transparent,
enable-ipf-transparent, enable-pf-transparent), as it only affects the
transparent proxying.

>> A new --with-netfilter-conntrack option will be needed to set linking
for the particular library. With path as a optional parameter, and
--without meaning not to link (probably to prevent the code building as
well). <<

I agree with this. This should be the option to enable it (along with
--enable-zph-qos).

[[ Sorry I'm unable to reply to the original message, as I am not yet on
the mailing list. Subscription request is with the moderator ]]

Thanks,

Andy