Using O_DIRECT in I/O to cache

From: Chris Worley <worleys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:27:48 -0600

I have a customer using Squid and
want to be able to help optimize Squid for very low latency drives. I
want to experiment with bypassing the Linux scheduler and open all
files in the cache with O_DIRECT, but in looking at the source code,
there are hundreds of "opens", and nothing clearly directed at the fs
cache (to the first-time observer; an idiot, or however you see me),
and was hoping somebody would point me to which "open" calls I should
focus on. There also seems to be some AIO functionality too... any
pointers to how that's setup to work would be a bonus.

Thanks,

Chris