Re: Question about proxy_auth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:08:02 +1200

Khaled Blah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have written an external auth helper which returns "OK
> user=<external username>" in case of a positive authentication result.
> I would think that I could use this "external username" - which in
> case of LDAP authentication would be the user's DN - in other
> external_acl_type acls as the %EXT_USER format. I've now learnt that
> I've misunderstood this but I am still wondering if something like
> this can be done?

Where did you get that learning?

The code I can see does as you expected. The catch is that the ACL
generating user= MUST be tested and produce it's results before any ACL
which depend on those results.

In squid.conf access controls order is very important.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1