FYI: github

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:54:49 -0500

I've noticed a few people creating Squid2 trees using git. The problem with this is that when they do so, they get a snapshot of squid at that time.

To make it easier for them to track HEAD, I've created a mirror of the squid2 source on github:
  http://github.com/squid-cache/squid2

This is semi-automatically updated from HEAD (and will be automatic once I get my cron jobs in order). Now, people can fork that project and more easily integrate updates. Note that it's read-only; i.e., patches won't be accepted there (although it should be easy to take patches from a forked version back to CVS).

I asked on IRC if anyone minded this, and no one seemed to, but if it's a big problem I'm happy to delete the repository.

Some may be interested in this visualisation (scroll to the right):
  http://github.com/squid-cache/squid2/graphs/impact

Cheers,

P.S., if any other squid-dev people are on github, we can add you to the group, FWIW, although like I said, this is read-only...

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com