Re: perhaps OT: problem compiling 3.1.6 on SLES10-SP3

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:25:43 +0200

mån 2010-08-23 klockan 16:42 +0200 skrev Christian:

> maintaining the squid3 RPM on build.openuse.org.
> 3.1.4 was the last version I was able to compile without problems.
> for 3.1.5 I need to apply a small patch. (squid-bootstrap.patch)
> since 3.1.6 I not able to compile it for SLES10-SP3

Why are you autotool bootstrapping the source tree? The distributed
tarball is already bootstrapped and ready for building. There is no need
to run bootstrap.sh unless you are patching configure.in or Makefile.am.

The LIBTOOL / AC_PROG_LIBTOOLS errors you are seeing on bootstrap is due
to the source tree is now needing Libtool 2.x for bootstrapping. Libtool
2.x uses slightly different autoconf syntax compared to Libtool 1.x.

> In file included from ../libltdl/ltdl.h:37,
> from LoadableModule.cc:10:
> ../libltdl/libltdl/lt_error.h:35:31: error: libltdl/lt_system.h: No such
> file or directory

I also saw this a couple of days ago when missing libtool-ltdl-devel
package on one of my Fedora boxes. Have not yet looked into why this
happens, it's supposed to work fine even without a system copy of ltdl.

From your output it looks like the culpit is that -I $top/libltdl is
missing from the compiler command. Try using the (new) configure flags
for forcing internal libltdl to be used. Also try building without
overriding CFLAGS & CXXFLAGS in case configure adds it to the wrong
variable..