Re: auth_param ntlm keep_alive interaction with new http/1.1 keepalive behaviour

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:47:23 +0200

tis 2010-08-24 klockan 10:17 +1000 skrev Stephen Thorne:

> But the situation I am experiencing is after a rejected authentication attempt.

Squid do not consider the two cases much different.

But yes, it's generally a bad idea to keep the connection open when
trying to renegotiate NTLM, much more so than on the initial negotiation
to use NTLM.

fwiw many browsers will give you multiple auth popups even when using
Basic auth. Can easily be triggered if you visit a packe with many
inlined/embedded objects and the page body is cached or do not require
auth but the inlined/embedded objects is not cached and require auth.