Re: Patch to add netfilter mark support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:46:36 +1200

On 10/09/10 07:08, Andrew Beverley wrote:

>> * ARG_WITH if-yes clause then becomes:
>> case "$withval" in
>> yes|no) with_netfilter_conntrack=$withval ;;
>> *) netfilterconntrackpath=$withval ;;
>> esac
>
> Done.
>
>> * ARG_WITH needs an if-no clause doing with_netfilter_conntrack=no to
>> override the default.
>
> That's in the statement above no?

no.

An autoconf if-yes clause handles:
   --with-foo
   --with-foo=blah
(one of the cases we see sometimes on some weird OS is blah == "no",
that is what gets handled above)

An autoconf if-no clause handles:
   --without-foo
   --without-foo=blah

since we only care that its saying "without", we simply need to
hard-code with_netfilter_conntrack=no when it happens.

>> * The alternate path is only an alternative source of the
>> libnetfilter-conntrack correct? that means the "else" part of the if
>> statement needs to be run regardless of what the flags contain. The flags
>> will merely cause that source to be used if needed.
>
> Done. So if people want to specify an alternative location for the
> header files, do they just do that with the appropriate CPP flags?

Alternative header files for a binary library which was not compiled
with those header definitions? not a good situation since the header ABI
is highly likely to have been changed. Yes the manual flags are needed
to cope with this situation.

We require that any alternative location provide both headers and binary
.la forms related to those headers for the automatics. The .so binaries
which the .la locate and load are not related to any of this.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2