Re: Does no-store in request imply no-cache?

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:05:46 -0700

Strictly, as a request directive it means "you can't store the response to this request" -- it says nothing about whether or not you can satisfy the request from a cache.

However, I imagine most people would interpret it as implying "no-cache"; you're still conformant if you do.

See also:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-11#section-3.2.1

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com