Re: Other proxy types (sock,voip,irc) in squid

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:23:41 +0100

fre 2010-11-26 klockan 22:33 -0800 skrev Arthur Tumanyan:
> Thanks for answer.
> I have an idea.
> I want add to squid support for other protos and mysql_config
> support(config elements will be stored in mysql db).All data about
> traffic will be stored in mysql db. An another process/software will
> operate with that data. Squid will became a complete(or almost
> complete) solution for traffic accounting for most (small or medium)
> ISPs.

I would split that in two projects. One for config and one for log.

The log part is better done as a log daemon. See log_file_daemon
directive.

> About mirrors:
> As I said before, I intend to create a mirror for AM zone,with your
> permission of course.But I don't know what I need to do that.I already
> bоught a hosting place with 1GB place ,and the www.seagull-home.net
> domain.

Instructions on how to set up mirrors are found at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/howto-mirror.html

Current disk requirements:

www: 2.5GB
ftp archive: 600MB
ftp current: 60MB

> about my subscribtion:
> I have already subscribed to squid-dev mailing list,but every time IDd
> post a message ,I get the "Your post is still pending" message for a
> very long time. Even now,when you reply to me,that message is still
> active. Whats wrong?

You look subscribed to me.

Next time you get a such message, please forward it to me including full
message headers.