Re: hudsons hidden build errors

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:58:29 +1300

On 29/11/10 15:54, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 11/28/2010 07:08 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:51:46 -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>
>>> I assume we bootstrap on FreeBSD. Is this bug specific to automake on
>>> FreeBSD? Can you compare the distcheck target of root Makefile.in on
>>> FreeBSD and Linux and see if there are any important differences? If
>>> yes, perhaps we can upgrade automake on the FreeBSD host?
>

>> This particular warning is about C-style cast being used. The other OS
>> don't complain about it so we can't see at present how they react.
>
> I meant the Makefile/automake bug that leads to the previous
> error/warning being ignored.

I understand. The other OS don't have a case known to me that triggers
in the same AM state. Ubuntu had it for a while most of a year ago when
I last mentioned problems to you.
  This is looking very similar so maybe an AM update will resolve it as
you say.

Anyone with wheel access keen to delve into auto-tools dependency hell
again?

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3