Feature branch launched: deheader

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:28:00 +0100

Hi all,
  Eric Raymond recently released a tool named deheader
(http://www.catb.org/esr/deheader/) which goes through c/c++ project
looking for unneeded includes.
It does so by trying to compile each source file after removing one
#include statement at a time, and seeing if it builds.
I tried it on squid, and the result was unexpected: it seems that the
c++ sources for squid contain up to 915 unneeded #include directives
(on an Ubuntu box, with all build options enabled).

The estimate is of course not realistic, as it can't account for other
platforms or feature-includes, but it is still worth a check IMVHO.
I've opened a feature-branch for the purpose at
lp:~kinkie/squid/deheader with a first round of de-headerization.

Thoughts? Comments?

--
    /kinkie