Re: Fix 'can't create ./src/***: No such file' errors on linking

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:39:47 +1300

On 07/12/10 09:43, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2010-12-07 klockan 03:06 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>
>> Fix 'can't create ./src/***: No such file' errors on linking
>>
>> Side effect of the AIX port fixes using .o instead of duplicating and
>> re-building the .cc individually. "It seemed a good idea at the time"(tm).
>> It is a bit strange that it should only show up now, those changes were
>> made long ago.
>
> No idea, but for some reason<objdir>/src/tests do not get created, and
> as result it fails to compile the objects in there.

Exactly. src/ is built before tools/ and if src/ is built as a normal
"make all" without any of the tests/ stubs then the stubs .o are not
available for squidclient etc to link against.

> Note: I would prefer to avoid copying if possible. I find the copying
> quite confusing.

Same, the earlier setup was my attempt to do without. Which seemed to
work after much work fixing thin dependency ties with every change.

I'm hoping once the SourceLayout and deheader stuff is finished we won't
need these anyway. If we do we can look a better long term fix.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3