Fwd: OpenSolaris build node for Squid to be updated

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:44:14 +0100

Hi all,
   as you can see, Oracle is shutting down the OpenSolaris test farm;
maybe they'll set up something similar at a later stage, we'll see.

The OpenSolaris Sparc node is currently broken due to a botched
upgrade, and it will not be fixed. I'm removing it immediately from
our build farm nodes.
The x86 node is still available to us for a while, it is functional
and it still provides useful portability hints. I'll keep it in the
loop until it gets shut down.

I have talked in the recent past to the Samba team about us borrowing
cpu cycles on their build nodes; unfortunately their build farm model
is totally different from ours, using it would mean setting a second,
completely independent, build farm. Unfortunately I don't have the
resources to do that; any volunteers?

   Kinkie