Re: [RFC] Breaking forwarding loops

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:02:37 +0100

fre 2011-01-07 klockan 11:56 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> We hit another flavor of the same bug with Squid 3.2: either the complex
> network setup allows loops for forwarding ports or the flags.transparent
> test is failing because we do not set that request flag for transparent
> ports if certain transparent redirection actions fail.

If someone want to clean this up then they have a +1 from me on making
redirection lookup failures terminal on transparent/intercept ports.

> Does anybody know why the original code did not break all forwarding
> loops, including loops for regular forwarding proxies?

it does. It only is a bit harder when interception is used. When
interception is not used it's assumed a loop can be broken by going
direct making it a soft "invisible" error only logged in cache.log