Re: NTLM authentication broken for Mozilla/3.0 User-Agents

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:57:06 +1300

On 12/01/11 12:14, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2011-01-11 klockan 11:37 +0100 skrev Fabian Hugelshofer:
>
>> What do you think about removing the special handling for Mozilla/3 and
>> Netscape/3 agents from HttpMsg.cc?
>
> +1 from me.
>
>> How large is the chance that there is still an affected browser in use?
>
> Pretty close to none. And if there are those can be fixed in their local
> configuration to disable the use of persistent connections.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

There are two cases here, the Netscape one, yes is close to none.
However as you pointed out there are download agents using Mozilla/3.0.
How certain are we that the second hack case for that agent string is
not aimed at a popular one of them?

FWIW: +1 from me, I'm game to try and kill this on performance grounds
and push to get any remaining broken agents fixed.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4