Re: [RFC] Breaking forwarding loops

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 02:59:53 +0100

tis 2011-01-11 klockan 17:53 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> 1) N > 2 and our name is not localhost or similar.
> 2) N > 10.

I would make the latter N > 5, or perhaps even drop the "localhost or
similar" check entirely just using N > 2.

It's a good thing if the admin notices the localhost host name issue and
understands that it's a problem to chain proxies under such conditions.

> No checks for the port mode or transaction flags (intercepted,
> accelerated, etc.).
>
> In addition to the above, do a startup check for the name and warn the
> user if our name is localhost or similar.

Yes, and also each time logs are rotated so it doesn't get lost.

> Would that address all the concerns voiced so far?

Yes.