Re: SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL bug

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 01:53:41 +1300

On 12/01/11 23:31, Kinkie wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Amos Jeffries<squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> As Andrew Beverley found:
>> "
>> I also found a bug in the current configure.ac. You get the message
>> "SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL: unrecognized value for USE_LIBNETFILTERCONNTRACK:
>> 'auto'" if you haven't explicitly set with-netfilter-conntrack. This
>> patch fixes that.
>> "
>>
>> I think this is a bug in our implementation of SQUID_DEFINE_BOOL as matches
>> our tri-state logics.
>>
>> With our default "everything on unless impossible" policy I believe our
>> 'auto' should be accepted as a value for 'yes'.
>>
>> Agreed? Opposed?
>
> Hi Amos,
> what is the error-case? It's not clear to me.
> What I find as a potential bug is the fact that
> USE_LIBNETFILTERCONNTRACK has some wierd dependency on enable_zph_qos.
>
> Blindly accepting "auto" for "yes" may cause issues, as "yes"
> indicates that the required build infrastructure has been tested for
> existence. So if anything, I'd suggest reviewing how the interaction
> of the netfilter_conntrack build-options is handled, possibly
> simplifying it (e.g. making zph_qos implicit in conntrack code).

Hm, okay. When writing out the use case in full to respond to that I
convince myself tat you are right. I was (again) considering a --with in
the same light as an --enable. Which was wrong. Applied the better fix
for the bug.

As for the interactions. --enable-zph-qos is our current name for the
overall QoS feature set. This conntrack is only one part of that set.
IMO the dependency interaction here for them is correct, what wasn't was
the "auto" getting past the conntrack sub-sub-dependency checks.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4