HTTP client disconnection vs ICAP disconnection

From: John Craws <john.craws_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:04:54 -0500

Hello,

I am going through the source code of 3.1.9/3.1.10 trying to find the
cause of a problem I am seeing with a squid instance configured to use
an ICAP service.

The setup works fine, but if the client (wget) is disconnected while
the response is being transferred (CTRL-C while receiving relatively
large data), the ICAP socket is never disconnected. This leads to a
situation where the ICAP service is perpetually timing out on a read
operation on that socket.

I have not seen this occur with other ICAP services.

I would definitely appreciate if someone with better knowledge of this
part of the code could help me pinpoint where the relationship between
those two is implemented.

Thank you!

John Craws