Re: HTTP client disconnection vs ICAP disconnection

From: John Craws <john.craws_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:08:45 -0500

Please disregard the part where I am asking why the close handler is
removed when the connection to the origin server is closed because the
complete response has been received. I understand that it cannot
cleanup adaptation at that point as it has not completed.

Sorry about that.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM, John Craws <john.craws_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just trying to understand correctly..
>
>>> Therefore:
>>>
>>> 1. The close handler that had been set in the HttpStateData
>>> constructor (HttpStateData::httpStateConnClosed()) is not called
>>> (because closeServer() removed it).
>>
>> Good.
>
> I'm not very familiar with the architecture, but how is that a good
> thing? I thought (from analyzing non-problematic cases and the souce
> code) that the close handler was responsible for the closing cleanup.
> Why is it removed and not executed?
> The close handler for HttpStateData (httpStateConnClosed) indirectly
> calls cleanAdaptation and others (via deleteThis() -> callEnd() ->
> ServerStateData::swanSong() -> cleanAdaptation()). That takes care of
> the ICAP socket among other things.
>

>>> 2. -> AsyncJob::deleteThis("HttpStateData::httpStateConnClosed") is not
>>> called.
>>
>> Ambiguous whether this is needed. IIRC at this point doneAll() supposedly
>> should return true which would lead to (3) below.
>>
>> The server side seems very twisted and does not appear to implement the
>> Jobs API at the leaf HttpStateData level, doing it at the generic
>> ServerStateData level instead.
>
> I thought it had to be called in order to trigger deletion / cleanup.
>
> If doneAll() returns true, done() will return true and that will allow
> the body of AsyncJob::callEnd() to run, but callEnd() itself is called
> by deleteThis() in the chain of calls initiated by the (removed) close
> handler. ServerStateData::swanSong() will not be called unless
> callEnd() is called. Is it supposed to be call some other way?
>

>>> 3. -> AsyncJob::callEnd() is not called.
>>
>> Bad.
>
> See above.
>

>>> 4. -> ServerStateData::swanSong() is not called.
>>
>> Very bad.
>>

> Again, I thought this was to be part of the chain of events initiated
> by the close handler.
>
>>> 5. -> *** cleanAdaptation() is not called.
>>> 6. -> "delete this" in AsyncJob::callEnd() is not called.